Eagles’ bridge

Eagles’ Bridge (Bulgarian: Орлов мост, Orlov most [1]) is a bridge over the Perlovska River in downtown Sofia. The bridge and junction were it is located, sometimes referred to as Ploshtad Orlov Most (Orlov Most Square) are usually referred simply as Eagles’ Bridge (Orlov most)

The name of the bridge itself comes from the four statues of eagles on it, which are, symbolically, its protectors and patrons. The bridge was constructed in 1891 by Czech architect Václav Prošek, his brother Jozef and his cousins Bohdan and Jiří.

IMG_4255 IMG_4251